The teeth are the hardest substances in the human body. Besides being essential for chewing, the teeth play an important role in speech.
#this notes is suitable for DLP Class Year 3
Types of teeth
Functions of teeth
1. incisors - to cut the foods
2. canines - to tear the foods
3. molars - to break and grind the foods
Set of teeth
1. milk teeth
2. permanent teeth
Structure of teeth
Differences between milk teeth and permanent teeth
*Life expectancy = Life Span
Foods that good to our teeth
Foods that bad for our teeth
1. ice cream
2. cotton sugar
3. sweet or candy
5. carbonated drinks
Ways to prevents teeth from decay
1. brushing the teeth 2 or 3 times every day
2. using floss to remove dirts
3. rinse our mouth after eat
4. appointment with dentist every 6 months
Lets answer these questions:
1. Why are your teeth an important part of your body?
2. What’s a cavity? Have you ever had one? Name ways to avoid getting a cavity.
3. How often should you visit a dentist?
4. What are the causes of bad breath? How can you prevent bad breath?
5. What kinds of foods are bad for your teeth? What foods are good for your teeth?
6. What are taste buds? How do they work?
Prepared by Huzaini Ismail